Friday, February 1, 2008

The Sword

I never saw Ultra and after picking up a random issue of Girls and being lost in the midst of the story never went back to it I never gave much thought to giving The Sword a try. But I've read a few good reviews of it and a few bloggers have reccomended it so I decided to give it a try. Today I picked up the first three issues. (I know the fourth issue is pictured, but I haven't read that one yet, I only have the first three issues so far.)

I was very impressed. The first issue takes its time in setting up the characters and the situation. I felt bad when Dara's family was killed. The Luna Brothers had succeeded in making me care for them within the first half of the book.

For some reason this series reminds me of Roger Zelzany's Amber series. I just started re-reading the Amber series and even though there is no real similarities between the two series there is something about the two that seem to connnect.

So far this book has captured me and I intend to be back for more. In fact I'm going to have to see if I can find the fourth issue now.

No comments: