Monday, January 14, 2008

What It Is

So why another blog? That's a good question, both in general and personal. It's not like there's not enough blogs out there right now. Blogging has become the national past time. And every comic book fan that has access to a computer has a blog to explain why comics suck nowdays. And I am already writing two blogs, so do I really need to add another one. Well I guess you can figure out that my answer was yes since you're reading this now. On my personal blog altjiranga mitjinaI would write about comic books now and than, but I stayed away from getting too in depth about comics since most of the people reading that blog aren't that familar with the particulars of the medium. My other blog Voices to hearis about musical artists that are a step away from the mainstream so I'm not going to be talking too much about comics there.

And I've been wanting to do more writing about comics. I've been a fan of comic books since I could read. I've written a few comics in my day. I want to write a few more. So I decided that a new blog is the way to go. I'm not sure how often I'll be posting here, sometimes daily, others times I might go a week or more. I'm going to post when I have something I want to talk about.

I'll tell you what this site is not going to be about. I don't want this site to become one filled with negative reviews and comments, about how stupid a creator is because of what he did in the newest issue. I'm not saying that I won't talk about what I think is wrong, but hopefully I can do it without insulting the creators. No one sets out to write or draw a bad comic book. What I think is terrible someone else may think is the best comic book ever created.

I'd like to talk about my efforts to break back into the writing side of things again. And talk about some of my past efforts and show some of that work. Pretty much anything to do with comics is open to my writing on this site.

I'd like to hear what others think about what I write so please leave comments.

No comments: